Are you a Fibershed farmer or artisan wanting to let people know that your work supports regional agriculture, a local and fair economy, and ecological balance?
If you are looking to be a part of the Connecticut Fibershed, we would be happy to speak with you regarding eligibility.
We are an affiliate of the California based Fibershed non-profit. We are growers, farmers, artisans, and business owners with a strong belief in growing a local and sustainable farm to fashion network.
All members of the Connecticut Fibershed will be recognized as sharing a core set of values:
- Your resource base is in the State of Connecticut
- All fiber is farmed and botanical dyes used in your goods are grown in Connecticut
- All fiber is milled within the State of Connecticut
- All the labor to create your goods is sourced in Connecticut
Exceptions to the rule may include:
- Sewing notions (zippers, grommets, buttons, silk backing for felting)
- Milling of some fibers, including cotton (as some milling is not yet provided in the state.)
As we are a newly formed group of fiber growers, mills, and artisans, We will be listing those members who participate in the Connecticut Fibershed. Please check back to see our progress, and visit our Facebook page too!