Are you a Fibershed farmer or artisan wanting to let people know that your work supports regional agriculture, a local and fair economy, and ecological balance?
If you are looking to be a part of the Connecticut Fibershed, we would be happy to speak with you regarding eligibility.
We are an affiliate of the California based Fibershed non-profit. We are growers, farmers, artisans, and business owners with a strong belief in growing a local and sustainable farm to fashion network.
All members of the Connecticut Fibershed will be recognized as sharing a core set of values:
- Your resource base is in the State of Connecticut
- All fiber is farmed and botanical dyes used in your goods are grown in Connecticut
- All fiber is milled within the State of Connecticut
- All the labor to create your goods is sourced in Connecticut
Exceptions to the rule may include:
- Sewing notions (zippers, grommets, buttons, silk backing for felting)
- Milling of some fibers, including cotton (as some milling is not yet provided in the state.)
- Dye stuff & extracts not able to grow in our state (eg. Cochineal)
As we are a newly formed group of fiber growers, mills, and artisans. Please check out & follow our social pages Instagram and Facebook page too!
Email for CT Fibershed: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com