A first generation Louet spinning wheel, like the S10 and S17, have a single belt bobbin drive with an adjustable flyer brake to regulate tension. This results in spinning wheels that are very easy to learn how to spin on, and also very suitable to spin thicker yarns. The bobbins have a sheave with three settings that can be used to obtain three spinning speeds or ratios. By using different types of bobbins and flyers, Louet spinning wheels can be used to produce every kind of yarn, from coarse wool to fine silks.
A High Speed Set is also available for this wheel for easier spinning of very fine yarns.
The S17 comes unfinished. The wood will be sanded and the edges rounded. The wheel will only require a finishing with lacquer, stain or wax.
- Single Treadle
- Main wheel: Ø 50 cm (19 3/4″)
- Ratios: 1:5.5, 1:7.5, 1:10.5
- Orifice: Ø 12 mm (1/2″), height 70 cm (27 5/8″)
- Weight: 5 kg (11 lb)
- extra bobbins
- high speed bobbin and matching flyer (clear lacquered)
- high speed fat core bobbin (clear lacquered)
- bulky bobbin and matching flyer (clear lacquered)
- stand alone skeinwinder
- lazy kate with adjustable brake for four bobbins (clear lacquered)