The new generation of Louet spinning wheels, Victoria and Julia, have Scotch tension: single belt, flyer drive with an adjustable bobbin brake to regulate the tension on the yarn that you are spinning. The standard ratios are higher than those of the first generation, which makes it easier to spin very fine yarns. When using the highspeed set the ratio increases even further.
Victoria is available in a lacquered beech (S95) and a lacquered oak version (S96). The double treadle Victoria wheel folds down to 14 x 36 x 55 cm (5 1/2″ x 14 1/4″ x 21 3/4″. It contains a lazy kate with two extra bobbins (3 total included).
A carrying case can be purchased separately, please inquire.
- – Main wheel: Ø 36 cm (14 1/4″)
- – Ratios: 1:6, 1:8.5, 1:13 (1:20 with high speed set)
- – Orifice: Ø 8 and 12 mm (5/16″ and 1/2″), height from the ground 59 cm (23 1/4″)
- – Bobbin capacity: approx 100 gr (4 ounces)
- – Weight: 3.6 kg (8 lb)
- – With 3 Bobbins and lazy kate included
- extra bobbins
- high-speed set with three bobbins (ratio 1:20)
- high-speed bobbin
- third shaft to extend the lazy kate for three bobbins
- stand-alone foldable skeinwinder
- stand-alone lazy kate with adjustable brake for three bobbins
- carrying case